Here’s a little known fact: 8 out of 10 women are wearing the wrong size bra!
A proper fitting sports bra minimizes the movement of your chest. The band should be snug but comfortable, should stay in place and should not chafe or irritate your skin. It should not move around your rib cage. The band should be hooked on the loosest or middle hook(s), not the tightest. If it's hooked on the tightest, then there is no place to go when the bra loosens up a bit. There should be no sign of your breast spilling out of the side of the bra, nor under the arm. Also, there should be no spillage along the neckline of the bra. The neckline part of the bra should cover the top portion of your breast to enhance support and minimize bounce. When you're trying the bras on, put the bra to the test by mimicking the activity you will be doing. Jump up and down, twist side to side, raise your arms over your head and run in place. If you have to pull the bra down or adjust repeatedly, it may not be the right fit.
All of our bras are made of fabrics that wick away moisture, are highly breathable, and are designed not to irritate sensitive areas.
5 Tips to help you know when it’s time for a new sports bra
• The bottom band starts chafing your skin. Over time, the bottom band loses elasticity and without this, unnecessary rubbing (and pain) occurs. Ouch!
• You can’t read the tags anymore. This bra is not your best friend anymore!
• It’s too big or too small. This seems obvious, but 80% of women wear the wrong sports bra size. Your bra size can fluctuate over time, especially when gaining or losing weight.
• You have to wear two sports bra while working out. No one should ever have to double up! We carry bras that support any size.
• When it’s time for new running shoes, it’s time for a new sports bra. Your sports bra needs to be replaced every 6-12 months.
Stop by RunGr8 Running Center to receive a free, personal bra fitting from one of our experts! Want to schedule a personal sports bra fitting? Call the store at 801-999-4466 to schedule your appointment today!